Monday, October 14, 2019

Surpassing my own excellence

I have done some stupid things but yesterday I surpassed my own standard: I poured boiling water over my legs.

I didn't mean to obviously. What I meant to do was empty the jug of boiling water down the sink. What I had forgotten was that the 'jug' was in fact the top of my blender, which I had incorrectly opened previously meaning it didn't have a bottom.

So when I lifted up the 'jug' of boiling water it all poured out over me. Cue some leaping around and ouching. Followed by cold showering of my legs.

Meanwhile Nuora ran out to the greenhouse and fetched some aloe vera. 'Slit this open and rub the sap over the burns,' she said.

The rest of the evening I alternated between rubbing sap on my legs and pressing a bag of frozen veg between them.

I'm pleased to report it worked.

Having visualised weeping and falling-off flesh I'm delighted to say all I have to show for the burn is a bit of redness. A lucky bunny.

Not so lucky this morning. I can't explain what it was all about but I was sworn at a lot, and my integrity questioned. I'm not perfect but in this instance at least I had good intentions. Road to hell etc.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear your burns did not result in worse injuries. But sorry to hear you got yelled at for your good intentions.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I'm happy that you got off so lightly on the scald, Liz. On your intentions: Did you yell back?
Cop Car

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

So lucky to have aloe vera in the greenhouse and help to hand.
Wishing you a quick recovery!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks all.

No, I stayed calm, CopCar!