Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Who will you vote for?

Wishy washy sort of day yesterday. I did manage to write about 800 words of my WIP - which I have learned from Twitter is Work in Progress, which in this case is a sequel to my first novel - and I wrote the first draft of my next article for the Bay magazine and the deadline isn't until 15th June! Also walked George and sat in the sun and read for a while. So actually it wasn't as wishy washy as I thought.

Can you think yourself into a cold? On Sunday night we had the bedroom window open for the first time this year and I kept waking and feeling/imagining my throat getting dry and sore. Feeling more cold sorey this morning though. 

But today I will be dynamic. Last time I said that I was so here goes. Now in a minute.

What a boring post this is. What can I write about to make it more exciting? I know: the European election. The one we shouldn't have candidates in as we should have left the EU by now. The one we shouldn't have had to waste loads of money on as the plan is still that we will have left before the newly-elected MEPs have to take their seats.

Who to vote for that is the question? The Liberal Democrat party is the only one that is standing on a Remain platform. So a vote for them will send a clear message that I want to stay in Europe. However in Wales we also have Plaid Cymru, the national party. They say that they want a second referendum.

Various 'clever' people have worked out the best options for Remainers in Wales in order to have the most effect: some say vote Lib Dem; some say vote Plaid. Torn. 

However I can assure you I will not be voting Conservative (never, never, never) nor Labour (let down too badly by Jeremy Corbyn).

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

These are troubled times all over the world.

Anonymous said...

Might the feeling in your throat be caused by seasonal allergies? Although we're not above thinking ourselves sick, I'll credit you with a physical cause.

It sounds like the "remain" vote will be split allowing your wishes to be for naught. Good luck.
Cop Car


Liz Hinds said...

They are, Debra.

My nose is now full of cold sores, CopCar and they make my eyes hurt too! Yes, the Remain vote will be split. If only one party would be courageous and self-sacrificing enough to say, 'we won't put up a candidate but we'll back yours.'

SharonLarkin said...

I could never, ever, ever bring myself to vote for the Tory party either.

As for Labour, well I live in Orkney, one of the NORTHERN isles ~ you know, NORTH, as in off the SCOTTISH mainland.....we got dual-language leaflets from Labour urging us to vote in the WELSH European elections! I understand that administrative errors can happen but surely someone should have noticed that leaflets clearly destined for Wales were being sent to a Scottish address ~ presumably a distribution hub somewhere up here on the mainland! Or am I just being pernickity??

Furtheron said...

I could write a book on this fiasco....

Look here. Some good data driven analysis https://www.remainvoter.com/

I was leaning towards Lib Dems but may vote Change UK now.

I can't vote Labour as my vote for them (tactically best chance to replace our sitting Tory MP) was taken as a vote in favour of Brexit according to the government response to the revoke article 50 petition.

I'm so angry about how screwed up politics is right now. It's all reduced to one issue.

Furtheron said...

Ignore that site My son claims it is unproven machine learning code He's looked at it and not impressed

So lib Dems it will be

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Anything that keeps Farage out of view will do.

Liz Hinds said...

Ah, Furtheron, I was planing on taking advice form that site. bother. I can't trust Change: they remind me of rats.

I fear he is going to be showing up loud and proud, Sonata.

Sharon, I kept getting emails from the Lib Dems to my email address that includes my name but with the letter addressed to Heather. Even after I grumbled they still called me Heather. Liz/Heather, Scotland/Wales, little details are just unimportant I guess.

Ole Phat Stu said...

I'd vote for people who DON'T end a sentence with a preposition ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

That's okay, Stu, because I'm not standing.