Sunday, May 19, 2019

Pink cadillacs and Moggies

We went out on Friday evening and didn't get home until 11 o'clock! Way past our bedtime.

It was a pub quiz in aid of the grandchildren's school so we invited a couple of friends to come along and make up a team. We didn't win - but we didn't come last either. Last but one actually. But we were the oldest team there. Most of the others were young parents so they knew all about this new-fangled pop music and the latest films. 

In one of the sections you had to identify famous people from photos of them when young. I came into my own here. Take this photo for example:
My first thought was Jodie Foster. I looked at it again a bit harder and said, 'No, it's Macaulay Culkin.' And as no-one had any other suggestions they believed me.

Do you know who it is?

* * * * * * * *
I have a new dream car ...
A bit different from my first car (which was like this but maroon):
I even remember the number plate: EGF 347J.

At the old car show yesterday we were fortunate enough to see the Penydarren replica steam locomotive chug up and down the tracks. The original locomotive made the first recorded journey by steam on rails. (But proved to be too heavy for the tracks.)

Penydarren replica
* * * * * * 
Did you guess from the photo that the famous person was Adele?

3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

No, I thought it was Neil Kinnock. The eyes, I think.

Anonymous said...

I would have failed their questions, miserably! I had no idea who the little girl was - nor do I know now that you've supplied her name.
Cop Car

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oooooo, I want a pink cadillac now too! And no, I had no clue who that kid is.