Sunday, May 12, 2019

Bites, bees and books

It's a beautiful day so I'm sitting indoors playing on the computer. 

No, I'm trying to be sensible and avoid the heat of the midday sun, and while I'm here I thought I might as well try to do something useful, in this case, work out how to post to Instagram.

Thank goodness for google. I think I have it now although if I don't keep doing it I will soon forget. (As I quickly forgot my mobile number - having made a great effort to learn it - when no-one asked me for it.) So I shall probably have to post all sorts of rubbish until it becomes second nature to me. 

It's intended to boost my online presence as a writer although I'm not entirely sure how that's supposed to happen. Still, mine not to wonder why, mine simply to do.

Yesterday I had a message from the library that the book I'd requested months ago was in. When I asked for it I was told there were hundreds on the waiting list before me so I had forgotten about it. I'm already a third of the way through the book, Becoming by Michelle Obama, and I'm very much enjoying it. 

I don't usually read autobiographies but I heard a clip of Ms Obama reading it on the radio, and it is very readable.

In other news, George was bitten on the ear by a grumpy greyhound yesterday.
golden retriever
Sympathy and snacks always welcome.

In more other news, no sooner has Younger Son moved his beehives to their new location closer to where he lives than a colony of bumble bees moves in, making a nest in our garage gutter.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good thing uour son is a beekeeper -- he can safely move those bees for you!

Liz Hinds said...

He is quite nonchalant about them. But he's not the one being dive-bombed!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Yes, "Becoming" Michelle Obama is a good read, Liz.
Be interested to read your review of it when you've done.

I'm currently reading "Humble Pi", a funny book about mathematical mistakes.
I'll blog a short review when I'm done.

Stu

Anonymous said...

please give George a hug for me. xo