Saturday, March 16, 2019

In which I have another brilliant idea

Making cawl (Welsh lamb stew) ready for dinner tonight.
preparing Welsh cawl
Onions are mad at me for omitting them from photo.
Great for celebrating a Welsh win or comforting.

* * * * * *
I have had another brilliant idea. I have so many it is simply amazing that I am not either a millionaire or a highly-regarded philosopher. So why Husband groans when I utter the words, 'I've had a brilliant idea,' I don't know.

Actually I have been known to groan at my own words. But this one really is brilliant.

I'm writing a sequel to my first novel, This Time Next Year, so ... my idea is ...

via GIPHY 

I do a podcast in which I read book one.

People tell me I'm a good reader, and that I have a good reading voice, and I know exactly what inflections are needed where, and I'm cheap.

The fact that I don't really know what a podcast is, or how to make one, or whether it would work, or whether anyone would listen, or whether it would do anything to help to promote sales, is secondary at this moment.

Just let me enjoy my light-bulb moment. While wondering if I could do a drunk voice.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think it's a great idea! It could be the new "Book at Bedtime" broadcast!

Anonymous said...

What? You are not a highly-regarded philosopher? That's news to me!
Cop Car
P.S. If you wish to send me your balance sheet, I'll rule on whether or not you are a millionaire. ; )

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Congratulations on the Welsh win!
I don't know about the drunk voice. You'll have to practise … though I'd pick your moments quite carefully. Perhaps not while waiting for the traffic lights to change.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I say go for it! xo

Miss Val's Creations said...

That is a great idea! I must admit I have never listened to a Podcast before either. I sort of have an idea of what they are. There is an icon on my phone. Someday I will have to figure out how to use it and what to listen to!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

If you don't try it you won't know...

Ole Phat Stu said...

From my experiencxe, doing readings (e.g. in bookshops) will get you more sales; you can combine it with signings. :-)