Friday, March 22, 2019

Birthdays. christenings and food

Thanks to Stu for thinking of me with this photo!

Diet has gone to pot this week.

Son-in-law's 40th birthday on Wednesday meant creamy pavlova followed by feta and spinach pie. Yes, I know that's the wrong way around but it worked. Daughter celebrates her big birthday next year. I pointed out that she will be forty in 2020 and 20+20=40 but she wasn't impressed.

Then yesterday, as I said I think, I had ice cream with a friend in Verdi's. A big hazelnut basket sundae. 

On Sunday it's Granddaughter3's christening so there will be more food and cake.

This afternoon Husband asked me if I wanted to go on holiday to Fuerteventure in the Canary Islands. I said yes. He said, 'We would leave on 30th March for a week.'
'Wait,' I said. 'Thirtieth March? That's the weekend after this!'

His main concern was that we'll be staying on a half board basis - eat as much as you like breakfast and dinner. 'Will you be okay with that on a diet?'

Seriously? Like I'm going to diet on holiday? Or care? No, I will care. I will agonise over every mouthful. Until I've swallowed it.



7 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Lobster ice cream sounds like the great delicacy we saw in Edinburgh one weekend a warm sausage milkshake!
You seem to be mirroring my life at the moment - our SIL is forty this year - April, and daughter will be next year and we are having christenings too grandchild 2 and 3. I have not had the offer of a trip to Fuerteventure though - not sure where I went wrong on that one.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Nobody in their right mind diets on holiday!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh, I've just noticed the lobster ice cream. Too revolting!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Let your taste buds enjoy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Holidays and special occasions are NO time to diet. Enjoy yourself! Life is short.

Liz Hinds said...

WE're off on Saturday, wherethejourneytakesme. I shall think of you ...

Quite right, Sonata. On both things.

Oh they will, Miss val.

My sentiments precisely, Debra.

nick said...

No need to diet when you're on holiday. As long as you've trimmed down by half a stone before you go obviously....