Thursday, February 21, 2019

You only had one job

Our new computer arrives tomorrow.

This one is fine except on the occasions when it refuses to start and I have seven kinds of panic that everything I've ever written will be lost to the ether. I mentioned to Husband before Christmas that I could do with a new one but it could wait until the January sale. I'd forgotten about it since then but a couple of days ago he said, 'Take a look at that. It's the best one. If you're happy with it order it.'

I made a show of reading the blurb but a computer's a computer and if he says it's good that enough for me. He knows about these things.

On the other hand, he doesn't always use common sense - something incidentally that he accuses me of lacking. 

I said to him, 'Please put the clothes in the basket in the airing cupboard.'




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must admit that the clothes in the basket are now, indeed, in the airing closet (whatever an airing closet is!)
Cop Car

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

And he did.

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, it's true: he did exactly what I asked him to. Big sigh.