Sunday, January 20, 2019

When might one need a finger dressing?

We are in the process of cleaning out Uncle's flat in the hope that we can begin letting it soon. Younger Son and Nuora have been living there but they've bought their own house now so it's empty.

CRASH!
'What have you broken?' Husband asks.
'A champagne glass.'
Of course. A champagne glass is so very Uncle.

Among the things I brought home was an old first aid kit. I saved the plasters and was about to discard the rest when I noticed a Finger Dressing. 'Hm, that might be useful; I'd better keep that.'

Quickly followed by: actually I've lived sixty-six years without needing recourse to a Finger Dressing; I can probably get along with it now.

Do you think I'm getting the hang of this decluttering malarkey?

* * * * * * * *
Thinking about fingers reminded me of an incident in the car recently.

A driver first pulled in straight across my lane in front of me to get to the inner lane and then pulled out again equally abruptly straight in front of me. I was so annoyed I made a rude gesture at him.

I didn't really. Well, only half-heartedly. I was drumming my fingers on the steering wheel to the music and I sort of let them stick up of their own accord so all four fingers were up and it's probably only rude in some remote corner of deepest Ukraine.

4 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That diagram includes everything BUT the gesture you would have made in Spain had you not been so well mannered.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ukrainians the world over will shun you now.

Anonymous said...

I like the concept, Liz: Hold up all your fingers and let them try to guess your message.
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

That will have me guessing now, Sonata.

Bother! I forgot the Rare One was Ukrainian, Debra.

It's very easy to adapt to anything then, Cop Car - a signal, a wave, whatever.