Monday, January 21, 2019

The devil wants me fat

There is someone who, though perfectly nice, makes me bristle every time we meet. This person has never done against me, indeed, is always very nice to me, so why does this happen?

Each time I say to myself, 'Be nice. Make an effort,' and each time I manage to be polite but that's about it.

Could it be that this person is just too Christian for me?

Postscript
Oh, wow! While looking for an image to accompany this post I discovered the Bad Christian podcasts and no end of Bad Christian cartoons. But then I got distracted and found some wonderful Christian album covers and books. Here's one I'll leave with you.
If ever in doubt just blame the devil. Nothing to do with me; it's the devil's fault.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Lead us not into temptation." That prayer is not to the devil though, is it.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

One of my cousins always used to wail, "Now look what you made me do ….."
We stopped listening eventually.

Liz Hinds said...

Definitely away from the devil, debra!

On the other hand, Sonata, I always blame Husband even when we both know it's my fault.

Anonymous said...

I tell my husband that the only reason I married him was to have someone to blame. It has become a family joke. Of course, for anything that means anything, we always have to own up, don't we?
Cop Car
P.S. I sometimes tell people that I took a course in college on blame-laying. As much as I kid around about blame, it really annoys me when a person habitually lays blame wherever s/he can.

Ole Phat stu said...

cc,
You mean like Trump?

Liz Hinds said...

I'm sure like Trump, yes, Stu. And Cop car, yes, of course, if it's serious then I own up, but it is a joke between us.

One grandchild can only ever tell the truth while another can lie straight to your face.

Anonymous said...

Liz--Our two great-grandsons are that way. The elder (by 12 months) has to tell us that he did something wrong while his brother is loose with the truth. (I hate to label a 7-year-old a liar - lol.)
Cop Car
P.S. Yes, Stu, you read my mind.