Friday, December 21, 2018

Waiting for the Ironic Sale

It's a good job I am full of festive spirit; there are an awful lot of old miseries out there. I don't let them bring me down: I wander along singing to myself and giving the odd jig of excitement.

Do you ever say something to yourself that really makes you laugh? I don't recall what it was in the car this morning but it kept me amused for ages. Just as well as the roads were just a tad busy. My brain had failed to send me any warning signals, you know, things along the lines of, 'Are you sure you want to go into town today?'

Still, as I say, I hummed a little tune through it and got home in one piece and with everything I wanted. Except bread for Husband's breakfast.

While in the car I heard an advert (on Heart Christmas Extra - non-stop Christmas music) for the Ironic Sale. How wonderful I thought to myself, a store that is being honest and not pretending that we're getting a bargain but rather just  buying the Christmas tat that wouldn't sell in any other circumstances.

Then I realised it was the Euronics Sale.

It's things like that that keep me amused.

Meanwhile at home, we're getting there. Christmas wrapping tonight. I've bought an extra four rolls of sticky tape to avoid the tellings-off I get for losing the end of the sellotape.
room decorated for Christmas
Buying presents for George I noticed they were selling packets of stuffed trachea. I'm sure it's very eco-friendly, using every part of the body leaving no waste, but I just couldn't.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMYGOSH! shiver me timbers!
why can't they leave animals ALONE! to live in PEACE! I'll find my protein elsewhere!
your room is beautiful! lots of space for adorables to play. :)
see there? I made an adjective into a noun! it's quite fun actually. probably like the
Incredibles. I forgot about them! oh well. I like Adorables.
and all of us who know and love children don't object! until they throw up on the rug.
Merry Christmas dear bean. and Happy Egg and Nog! xoxo

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

"Waste not, want not" I suppose…

Makes me very glad I'm not a dog,though!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beef trachea? What the HELL does anyone do with THAT?

Liz Hinds said...

Even throwing up - or weeing - on the rug we take in our stride, Tammy.

They had stuffed antlers too, Sonata, which just seemed wrong.

I imagine dogs love it, Debra. But some things are a step too far.