Saturday, December 08, 2018

Not the end of the world

Younger Son and Nuora are supposed to be moving into their new home next weekend assuming all the work that has to be done has been. Both of them are poorly this weekend and YS is quite gloomy. He takes after Husband with his pessimistic way of viewing things.

Husband would say it's not pessimism but taking a realistic look at the facts and coming to a likely conclusion. 

I prefer my 'don't really know what's going on but everything will be fine' glib naivety and optimism. And it usually is. Or if it's not it's not the end of the world.

dog cartoon


5 comments:

Terra said...

Cute cartoon, funny remark about grandma, ha ha. I hope your son's move goes smoothly and yes, there is a fine line between pessimism and being a realist.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Your son and daughter-in-law should feel a little better by the end of next weekend … moving's always exhausting. Luckily you're all there to help.
(Realism is vastly overrated and I've never found it terribly helpful!)

nick said...

Jenny takes after you with the attitude "if it doesn't work out, it isn't the end of the world" But she can be very pessimistic about other people and their unreliability. I'm more of an optimist when it comes to other people, but quite pessimistic about politics and the state of society generally.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Words of wisdom from old dogs to young pups!

Polly said...

I love the cartoon. I’m with you and the ‘don’t really know what’s going on but everything will be fine’ and I would add, I can just wing it! :-)