Sunday, December 30, 2018

Adventures in supermarkets

So I'm crouching down next to a display of cider trying to decide which one to buy when I suddenly over-balance and end up sitting on the floor of the shop. Giggling uncontrollably.

An old gentleman asked me if I were alright and I couldn't answer for laughing. And it kept me chuckling all the way home in the car.

Less funny though probably not for anyone watching me on CCTV was another incident a few days later.

I decided this year to cut down on card sending and, of course, when I walked into the (small) supermarket a few days after Christmas who is there just ahead of me but one of my crossed-off-the-list people. Who had sent me a card.

I suddenly developed a deep interest in the vegetables, studying them intently while occasionally furtively glancing up the aisle. When this person finally moved I hurried down the next aisle hoping to overtake and avoid but somehow was beaten to the tills. More sudden interest in shelves ensued. 

Yes, anyone watching me has probably marked me out as a potential shoplifter and I will be followed next time I enter the shop.

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Well, if you will insist on sampling before making your choice.

Liz Hinds said...

I did make a comment along those lines to the old gentleman - then wondered if he took me seriously!