Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A woman with a mission

To finish - or at least break the back of - my Christmas shopping.

I started off brilliantly but by the end I was faltering a little so that I've ended up buying too many presents for one grandchild and not enough for another. But mostly resolved as long as I get a grip and don't do what I usually do which is suddenly think, 'I haven't bought enough! Must shop! Must buy!'

On the plus side I discovered that Sainsburys has some lovey seasonal Wensleydale and cranberry crisps.

Also had a lucky escape. A few moments earlier and I would have been walking into a shop just as someone I would really rather not meet was walking out.

It must have been the luck I got from having been pooped upon.
I was only in the shop for fifteen minutes at the most and when I came out the windscreen and driver and front passenger windows were covered in bird poo while the cars on either side of Mini were absolutely clean.

Still on a Christmassy theme, on Sunday when we went to look for lights for outside. While we were in the shop I had to buy this cushion:
Terrible photo but it's one of those where if you rub it one way the sequins are all silver and if you rub it the other way all red. It'll amuse the children I tell Husband and then spend a good thirty minutes playing with it myself. (Although it was Nuora who had the patience to create this lovely heart.)

Also, you know this elf on a shelf business? I thought I'd buy myself an elf and have fun when the children came to visit. Then I found out it's quite hard to find an elf. You can buy more accessories for it than you can for your dog but the actual elf is hard to come by. So then I thought, why does it have to be an elf? So please meet Dog on a Shelf.


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, dear -- that ONE pigeon with the bad case of diarrhea just HAD to find you, didn't he?

Polly said...

oh, I love dog on a shelf :-)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Haven't caught up with elf on a shelf. Perhaps if I had a spare (bit of) shelf?

Anonymous said...

Going across species, eh? Well done! Birds do what they gotta do - leaving you with doo. Sorry about the bird and about my bad comment. Sequined pillows: Saw them at Walmart. Thought to myself, "That is the silliest thing. Who would be comfortable reclining against or leaning on a sheaf of sequins." They did have a certain look appeal, however.
Cop Car

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I just don't get Elf on the Shelf.. I think maybe just another American thing that came floating across the ocean . I refuse to say "across the pond". I did leave a comment on another post Liz .. Along the lines of " wouldn't put it past you to dress as an elf yourself . Hahaha ha and then sit on the shelf.. Hilarious