Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sloe pickings

sloes on the bush
There are very few sloes left on the bushes on Mumbles Hill. It seems that most local people, unlike Daughter and Husband, didn't read the article that said you should wait until after the first frost to gather sloes. Like the grapes they use in Canada for their famous ice wine I assume.

After the severe weather warnings accompanying storm Callum - which didn't actually amount to much for us - a sunny afternoon seemed like a good excuse for a walk and an ice cream.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh darn! now I want some ice cream!
great pic btw. :D

Anonymous said...

That is one huge ice cream!Yum!
Cop Car

Anna said...

Did you pick them for me? I hope you picked them for me!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I take it you wanted to make some sloe gin?

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Tammy!

The salted caramel part was a bit disappointing though, CC.

I don't think 5 would have been much help, Anna. The few there were were mostly out of reach anyway.

I think Daughter (Anna) planned to, Debra.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That does look good !

RCA said...

great one!