Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Pros and cons of wearing a jumper while gardening

Wearing a jumper
Makes you too hot.
Brambles get attached to it.

Not wearing a jumper
Brambles get attached to your skin.
Nothing to wipe your nose on.


Today while Husband took down a ceiling I dug up a bit of garden.
Before

Time for first cup of tea


After
If the wall falls down I blame the man who built it. It can't possibly be anything to do with me pulling out plants that might possibly have been holding it all together.

A word of advice to anyone planning a garden: have soil and have grass; do not have bits of soil covered in pebbles because a) they're murder to weed, and b) well, they're murder to weed.


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The place is starting to really look ship-shape!

Jacqui said...

I remember moving into my first house and spending a week on my hands and knees with a 'claw' fork, clawing through rock-hard, compacted soil and weeds, and taking bags and bags of stuff to the tip. I know what it's like! You're making a really good job.

Liz Hinds said...

My daughter-in-law is longing to start planting, Debra. (But she has a 2-year-old and is pregnant.)

This soil was lovely and soft, easy to dig into, Jacqui. I think we're going to have get a large skip to take all the rubbish that will come out of the garden. QA very large skip.