Monday, October 08, 2018

First mention of Christmas

I think I must be the touch of death for blogs. It seems whenever I start to follow someone they cease to write or if they continue it's very infrequent. Most frustrating. For me at least. The bloggers have probably got better things to do with their time.

On the good news front I'm pleased to report that George has finally been discharged by the vet. His eye ulcer has healed at last. That scratching with a needle last week must have done the trick and kick-started the body into healing itself. George will be pleased to stop the drops but sad, I'm sure, to miss out on all the extra treats that accompanied them.

Meanwhile Daughter's dog, Holly, is having chest and heart scans today as she gets a bit breathless. At thirteen the way she runs around I'm not surprised she gets breathless; George gives up way before she does.

Oh, and the photo I ordered from our kayaking trip in the Ardeche Gorge in France in July has arrived.
kayaking in the Ardeche
To look at that you'd think I was enjoying myself, wouldn't you?

Incidentally the editor of Bay gave me the go ahead to plug my books as shamelessly as I wanted. I'll have to remember that when I'm submitting for the December issue - books make ideal Christmas presents, don't you know?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! :D

Polly said...

Glad to hear George is ok. Hope Holly will be too. 13 is a very good age. I'm afraid I'm one of those infrequent bloggers. I don't know what's happened, I just seem to have lost the incentive :-(

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's an awesome photo. You DO look like you're smiling a little in it.

nick said...

Well, if you're not really enjoying yourself, it's an excellent imitation of someone who is! I've never tried kayaking myself.

Liz Hinds said...

Ah, Tammy, I was wondering if you were okay as I hadn't seen you for a while.

Holly's scans didn't show any serious problems, thankfully, Polly.

I enjoyed those bits, Debra and Nick. It was the fact I couldn't steer in a straight line that made me so grumpy the rest of the time.

Rose said...

I posted yesterday for the first time in months and then started visiting blogs again. When I looked at my blog roll, I realized that half the bloggers I follow haven't posted in a year or more! I know how easy it is to get out of the habit once you've been away for awhile. But I do wonder what happened to each of my old blogging friends and if they are okay.

Simone Harrison said...

Hi,

I just found your blog and this post and was wondering if you would be interested in providing a guest post for the blog on our site, Retirement And Good Living, about your trip to France.

Our site provides information on a variety of retirement topics including traveling, retirement locations, aging, health, planning, finances, education, hobbies, part time jobs, volunteering and more. Over 300 guests from around the globe provided posts for the blog on our site.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will forward additional information.

Thank you,

Simone Harrison
Retirement And Good Living
simone@retirementandgoodliving.com
http://retirementandgoodliving.com