Friday, September 21, 2018

Through the letterbox

Two things that excited me came through the letterbox today.

First was a leaflet inviting me to shop online at Waitrose (posh shop). There's no Waitrose in Swansea; they only build them where rich people live. So to get an invite made me feel posh. Little things, I know, but hey, humour me.

Second and much more exciting was the leaflet inviting residents to go for free train rides on Sunday at the miniature railway just near and behind our house.

It's the Swansea Society of Model Engineers Open Day. They normally only open to the public on Bank Holidays and since it found fame via FaceBook it's become incredibly popular partly because it's a cheap day out (£1 to go in and 50p a ride) and mostly because it's huge fun!

I only have photos that include the grandchildren so i can't show you but trust me, it's brilliant.

1 comment:

Polly said...

I do like Waitrose my nearest one is 14 miles away and frequented by very posh, and beautifully dressed people! I occasionally visit when I go to a craft centre nearby. I would definitely be up for the train rides.