Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The reason being ...

too much good food.

Husband's panna cotta
2. Having discovered that Monday nights are a non-opening night for many restaurants in the old town in Frejus we went to a trattoria near the beach. We both unintentionally had salad for main course: we'd tried to order them as starters but the waiter said they were too big and before I had time to change my mind he'd brought us salads as main. So I had to have dessert to make up for it.


1. I forgot to take my camera when we went for the best - and poshest - meal of our holiday at Restaurant de Chames but the next day we ate in the nearby roadside cafe, La Resto du Village. I'd never eat in a place that looked like this in this country - but the food was lovely: a smoked fish starter and then lamb slow-cooked in the traditional Ardeche method.
La Resto du Village Ardeche

No comments: