Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Not at all holiday related

Did that 'I know where I'm going so I don't need to check' thing this morning. Turned out I did know where I was going but I was two hours early. Hey ho.

I blame my pinging head. Woke up with a ping shooting up my head. My first thought was, 'I don't want to die today.' I blame that reaction on the fact I'm writing a book about a man who at one time had a near-fatal stroke. Admittedly his began with a 'really really really bad headache' not a ping.

I've since decided that I have earache as it hurts when I eat.

* * * * * *
All three children are currently in the process of buying or selling houses. It all seems awfully complicated. I am glad I have Husband to sort out this sort of thing for me. Also glad, when someone phones regarding anything that is in any way finance connected, I can do 'little woman' routine and say, 'My husband deals with all that sort of thing.' 

I'm sure I could do it - I'm almost sure  - if needed but dog and barking come to mind. 

* * * * * *
Good to be back at Zac's last night. 'Did you miss me?'
'Have you been away?'

One man whom I've seen in and outside prison told us of his decision to give up drinking after fourteen years and start to live again. He's been dry since January 11th. It's early days - he has the rest of his life to go - but it's a beginning to be applauded. 

* * * * * *
GrandSon4, who is currently in Italy visiting his Nonno and Nonna, loves Granddad's tomatoes and drags us off to the greenhouse to pick them. As they're only just beginning to ripen I bought a carton of Sainsburys Vittoria toms to keep us going. (If you've never had them they're little and very nice.) Nuora offered him one. He put it in his mouth then spat it out. He has high standards for his tomatoes.

* * * * * *
When George and I were out yesterday we met a man who lives in the road behind us. He reminded me of the time, in George's escapee days, when he turned up at this man's house early in the morning. Thinking he looked hungry the man gave him a bowl of food. Then another two. And he'd already had breakfast at home.

He doesn't escape any more but he still loves his food.
A little bit of wire wasn't going to stop George escaping.

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Good for Grandson. We must all insist on only the very best tomatoes and refuse to contemplate random red things. How does he feel about those delicious Heirloom black and dark green ones?

Liz Hinds said...

Unless they're grown by Granddad ...