Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Good news

We took George to the vet this afternoon. He had a strange little lump under his right arm.

The vet was very thorough and decided to take samples to look at under the microscope. 'I'll be about ten minutes,' she said, 'if you want to wait while I look.'
We did.

But it was a very long ten, twenty minutes. And the longer she was away the higher my stress levels rose.

But all is well. They - for it turns out he has two - are fatty lumps that very rarely become malignant.

Now breathe ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

held my breath right along with you here! even though the post's name says Good News.
my Zeke had a mass that turned out to be cancer.
they just become our child. that's all there is to it.
I'm so glad she was a thorough Vet and that it was okay! xo

Liz Hinds said...

Oh yes, tammy, george is much loved and it was a scary few minutes. I'm sorry about Zeke; it's so hard to lose a pet or watch them suffer.