Thursday, May 31, 2018

The woman in the mirror

Every now and again I catch a glimpse of a blonde tanned woman and I wonder who she is. Then I remember it's me.

I didn't deliberately go blonde: my highlights have gone rogue in the sun. And I have a tan deeper than I can remember having for a long time.

Gradually going lighter-haired will probably be the way forward as I prepare to face my grey. (Not for a long time yet though.)

In the meantime I'll enjoy the sunshine and take what it gives.

P.S. I am a very careful tanner always using sun cream and restricting my time in the sun.

3 comments:

ole Phat Stu said...

It's hell turning gray. There's even a book about it.
50 Hades . . . ��

Liz Hinds said...

Ha ha!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

It's usually a family thing and one just has to accept it... or dye.
We tend to go grey with indecent haste. In fact, at the moment, there's four of us cousins with snow white hair, the youngest being in his thirties.