Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Cue hysterical laughter

As any statistician will tell you, statistics can be quoted to prove anything you want. Or something like that. 

Usually when I publish a post I have a quick look at my stats. After a brief period when I was getting hundreds of views regularly they've been steady within a 60 - 200 daily views range recently. Imagine my surprise then when I looked at the stats this morning (9.50 am) and read this:
Yesterday - 90
Today - 1,227.

Once I'd picked myself up off the floor and stopped laughing I looked the map: is it those Russians again? No. 

Of the 1,227 views today 1,229 originated in France. Curiouser and curiouser.

Of course if you were a fan of Yes, Minister you'll know that Britain's greatest enemy has always been France so now they're getting into the tech-war. (Taps side of her nose knowingly.)

P.S. I just looked for the relevant clip. Couldn't find it but did watch some scarily accurate forecasts about Britain's role in the EU.

No comments: