Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Fifteen minutes of rain

'Is it going to rain?' I asked Husband before we went for a walk. He is the meteorologist in our house. At least he pays attention to the weather forecast.
'According to the BBC there is a 25% chance of rain.'
I glanced out of the window. 'Oh, that's fine. I don't need a coat.'

'Of course,' Husband said when we had walked a little way, 'that means that it could rain for 15 minutes in the course of an hour. Or an hour in 4 hours.'

Fortunately when it started to rain we were on a wooded path so I could run from tree to tree. Unfortunately the trees don't yet have any leaves.

Hey, it didn't rain for long. Not even fifteen minutes.



1 comment:

nick said...

In my experience there's about a 25% chance of the weather forecast being correct. And about a 75% chance that if I confidently venture out without an umbrella, it'll be bucketing down five minutes later.