Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mother's Day gratitude

Many years ago I saw a car sticker that read: If abortion had been legal then would you be here today?

I like to think I would but it must have been incredibly hard for my mother to have - and keep - me as an unmarried mother in the 50s. She must have been very brave.

But I'm thankful that she did.
I visited her grave yesterday. It's the first time I've been for over a year. Last time I went there I said that I must arrange for it to be spruced up. As you can see that's still on my to-do list. But I left some freesias, her favourite flowers.

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

She'll know how you feel, just as my mother does about me. They never really go away, you know.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Mine is a similar story but in the 70's .. I had to battle to keep my eldest son and I did. But I was sent to a Mother and Baby unit in Essex , run by Catholic NUNS .. they were ok but apparently I was there at the better times. I was sent so I could think about things and what I was going to do..