Thursday, December 28, 2017

Tomorrow is another day - and another turkey dinner

Christmas flapjackThey were going to be Nigel Slater's seasonal flapjacks - until I discovered a lack of figs, walnuts and ground almonds in the pantry. So they became Granny's seasonal flapjacks with pecans, coconut, cranberries and chocolate chips. Rather nice too.

But not as nice as Nuora's birthday salted caramel and Malteser pavlova made by Daughter.
At least we had a little bit of exercise to justify the birthday tea.
Toby, a water dog, had been scared of puddles but encouraged by his big cousins, George and Holly, took the plunge. 

As for me I should have been at Weigh-In yesterday. But it coincided with said birthday tea. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. But must get back to eating sensibly. Really I must. Tomorrow.

No comments: