Sunday, December 03, 2017

Operation Sausage

In preparation for Operation Sausage I did some cleaning today working on the principle that I want it to be tidy in case I don't come out.

Then I realised that was ridiculous: if I don't come out I don't have to worry about how it looks. But when I do come out I will be thinking about how it looks.

Exactly a year ago before severe tummy pains landed me in hospital - thus beginning Operation Sausage - while lying in bed, in between groaning in pain I studied the damp patch on the ceiling and thought, 'We really must decorate our bedroom soon.' (Note: still not done.)

Now you might find it hard to believe considering the amount of blogging and Facebooking I do but I very rarely sit down and just relax. So on the assumption that, even if it is keyhole surgery, I will need to rest for a day at least I want to be in a calm clean area. 

I may have to limit the rooms I go in but as long as I have a path to my bedroom I'll be fine.

4 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Nonsense. Concentrate on the important stuff ... stocking up on enough good books , biscuits and chocolate to speed your recovery .

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I agree with comment above ,, don't worry about trivial stuff , look after yourself !! I am not sure if you have had your op yet, but I hope all went well .. Rest UP and just pamper yourself . Take care. x

Beside a babbling brook... said...

"Exactly a year ago before severe tummy pains landed me in hospital - thus beginning Operation Sausage..."

Does this mean, that it has been a whole year, you have been waiting for an operation???????????

Beside a babbling brook... said...

And why does your location, on my Blogging Stats place, say Milan, Umbria, Italy?

I thought you were on holiday...

And here you are, awaiting an operation, instead.

???????

:-)))))