Sunday, December 31, 2017

My New Year starts today

the narrow path
My resolutions are:
to get back on the narrow path to the slim door;
to walk George every day as well as join an exercise class;
to blog every day;
to finish Christy's book;
to be more organised;
to stop wasting time especially playing solitaire;
to limit my visits to Facebook;
to de-clutter;
and to generally be perfect.
And not split infinitives.

Now we all know many of those resolutions will be broken before midday today but, hey, a girl's got to try. Have a dream or at least an aim. What do they say? Aim for the moon and at least you'll hit a star. Or not end up in the gutter anyway.

George was off his food yesterday and when he forced himself to eat it promptly threw up. Twice. So he may not be walked today. His week has been quite stressful having a young dog staying and out of his routine such that it is i.e. mostly sleeping.

But I am definitely going to finish Christy's book. 

2 comments:

Jay said...

Out of those, I too plan to walk more - or just generally move more. I started doing stair climbing when it was not possible to get out, and that is really quite useful. I'd got up to being about to do 10 or 11 flights in one go, which isn't bad considering I used to be out of breath after two!

I should cut down on Facebook, too. It's a terrible time-waster. But there are a few groups which are essential - the greyhound one I run myself for a branch of the Greyhound Trust, and some insect groups for ID and recording purposes.

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, Facebook has its uses but I do tend to procrastinate terribly.