Monday, November 27, 2017

Too early for Christmas music

It's Husband's birthday on Friday, 1st December. We're not allowed to play Christmas music until after that date. I say 'we' but obviously I mean 'I'. It's not that Husband doesn't like Christmas he's just ... not into it like some of us. Daughter, for example, has been playing Christmas music for months.

But I was in the car the other day and I began thinking about Christmas music. My absolute favourite Christmas song - although it's not really Christmassy except it's included on a number of compilation cds - is A Winter's Tale by David Essex.

And my favourite carol is In the Bleak Midwinter. Are you spotting a theme here? Haunting, slow, a bit depressing-sounding. But really it's only the title - okay, and the music - of In the Bleak Midwinter that is a bit sad. And my favourite words of all are in the last verse of ITBM (originally a poem by Christina Rossetti):
What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.



2 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I am on the same side as Mike :-) not into it really. Especially Christmas music before December . :-)

alex xander said...

Best collection of ringtones
Hi everybody!
Do you feel the ringtone of your cell phone is boring? Want to own the unique and unique ringtone on your phone? I recommend listing the best cell phone ringtones that you can download to your phone. Best quality ringtones below.

5 favorite ringtones you can refer and install:

- Shivba Malhari ringtones
- Kar Har Maidan Fateh ringtones
- RAID – AJAY DEVGN ringtones
- Gabru – Surmeet ringtones
- Dj Snake – Magenta Riddim ringtones

Also you can refer and install additional hindi music here: Hindi ringtone

There are also many other ringtones. All ringtones are free to download. You can search and reference more ringtones at my homepage: https://ringtonedownload.in/

I need your evaluation.