Monday, October 16, 2017

Mysterious happenings in the woods

Somebody - not me this time - has been having fun.


But this one puzzled me.
Fortunately I had an instant answer from a passing student. He is doing his dissertation on how birds feed, from which angles they approach their food, and he was leaving these tasty bites up even when he wasn't there to get the birds used to the target.

And as for me, well, I wanted to prove how hard it is to catch a falling leaf ...

Music: Lucky Day by RogerThat

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

The number of faces we can find in nature is really impressive, and equally impressive is seeing a leaf being caught.

Sharon said...

Cute post. I imagine George was wondering about the leaf catching. :-)

Liz Hinds said...

It is very impressive catching a leaf, Jimmy! AS soon as you move towards the air movement you create changes its direction.

George was suitably unimpressed, Sharon. I cut out lots of waiting and pathetic attempts so he was very bored.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Pity you weren't wearing your Fitbit .