Monday, September 11, 2017

Beach life - updated

Saturday evening we visited the closest beach at Llangrannog (above). Sunday we went to Aberporth and Tresaith again mostly for walks on the beach. We were breaking George in gently.

Unusually, at Tresaith, there is a waterfall on the cliffs.



The beach at Penbryn
Today we took him for a five mile walk from Penbryn to Llangrannog and back. I'm not sure who is most exhausted.

It's the first holiday we've had with George for years. I think he's enjoying it ...

I had suggested a shorter walk but Husband persuaded me into this one with the reminder that there was a good ice cream shop in Llangrannog. A scoop of salted caramel plus a scoop of raspberry and white chocolate kept me going long after the plum crumble tart I also had was just a memory.
The sea at Penbryn


And we're just about to sit down to Tesco curry. I could get used to this holiday life.
The cafe at Penbryn

4 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Did you get your ice-cream ? And did you sort out your "broken rib" Enjoy your holiday.

Sharon said...

Sounds like you deserved that ice cream!

What did the doctor have to say?

Enjoy your holiday life!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Back in the sixties I worked in Aberporth for a while at the guided missile research facility. On the way back from Ireland last year we popped in there. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be :-(

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, Anne, of course I got my ice cream! Not as many as I might have liked though.

We had a great holiday, thanks, Sharon.

Yes, Stu, you can see the missile testing base from Penbryn - when it's not covered in thick black cloud.