Thursday, September 28, 2017

Dream a little dream

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, 78-year-old president of Liberia, is one of the BBC's 100 women 2017. Her quote is: If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough.

As long as it's not the dream I had last night where it was Christmas Eve and I realised I'd forgotten to get sprouts. Oh and a turkey. That was scary.

But I guess those aren't the sort of dreams she means.

I've always been a great dreamer but without having specific dreams, unless you count wanting to be a writer, and that's not very scary. The constant rejections are depressing but not scary and I don't think the fame and fortune of being a published novelist would be scary either. I'm a bit too much of a wimp to have dreams that scare me.

I've never wanted to climb Everest, sail the seas alone, or ... you see, I can't even think of anything I don't want to do.

I shall have to think about this, maybe write a Bucket List. The trouble is that I am really a very happy little bunny.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Don't you know? You're not supposed to be happy with the status quo. You must work harder to achieve more and more! I'm being sarcastic, you know. I dislike people who push you into being something you aren't because they aren't content.

Being a happy bunny is just fine.

Liz Hinds said...

I think so, Sharon!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I don like doing things alone and I don't want too . But one thing I really want to do it travel all of Italy . Top to bottom or vice versa.. I would like to travel more whilst I can . The thing stopping me is being on my own . It I am going g to find a way around it all. Hopefully.