Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Pavlova was a ballerina

This morning I finally stripped the bed that Elder Son and Daughter-in-law slept in when they stayed two weeks ago. It reminded me of our visits to the in-laws.

On the morning of our departure Mother-in-law would have our bed stripped, the sheets washed and out on the line before we'd left. Now that is a housewife to aspire to. Or perhaps not.

* * * * * * * * 
I just read a note I'd left for myself as I NK. 'What's that mean?' Careful thought. 'Oh wait, it's ink. I need to order ink.' Or toner as Husband insists on calling it.

* * * * * * * *
I've started wearing my long glasses for driving. In the past I've only used them for rugby matches in New Zealand. I should like to reassure those whom I drive around that my eyesight without glasses is still better than Husband's with glasses so you're safe with me. as far as eyesight goes. Admittedly Husband is a better driver ...

* * * * * * * *

Have nearly finished my article for the next issue of The Bay. Just have to write the God bit. And I am sitting here at my desk where I seem to have stalled. Not just in writing but generally. Lots to do but can't decide the order.

What I should do is what Husband suggests. 'If it's not important just pick one and do it.' Then again he says the same thing when I'm dithering over menu choices in a restaurant. And we know how disastrous a bad choice of food can be.

Which reminds: it's lunchtime. That's what I'll do next!


I made a good decision yesterday with my raspberry pavlova sundae.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Your sundae looks delicious.
Notes left to myself are often a curiosity never solved.
People wouldn't know you weren't a perfect homemaker if you didn't advertise, haha. On quiet days, who knows if I polished and cleaned or not?

Ole Phat Stu said...

Re: Choosing what to do next amongst tasks with the same priority:
The optimal algorithm is to choose the shortest task each time. That way you get the most tasks done in the time available.

Either that, or learn to prioritise better ;-)

Stu said...

Did you go to the Eisteddfodd (sp?) this year, Liz?
If so, please blog your photos :-)

Liz Hinds said...

It was delicious, Sharon!

Too late to teach an old dog new tricks, Stu! No, not to the eistedfodd this year. In fact never!