Wednesday, August 30, 2017

In which I throw a wobbly

Threw a wobbly this afternoon and said I just couldn't think about food or dinner. Don't think Husband believed me as he was still asking what was for dinner at dinner-time.

When he realised I was serious he improvised and cooked the pizza I'd bought for the grand-children but hadn't used. With the addition of left-over roast veg from yesterday.

I am comfort eating: cold baked beans straight from the tin, lumps of cheese, coleslaw from the dish and toast and hummus. I'm not sure why I am seeking comfort but have been struggling with feelings of inadequacy for a few days.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

This sounds serious.
Um ... Just what exactly IS a wobbly?
So, your DH had to fix his own food ... it didn't kill him, did it?
Sorry you are feeling inadequate, you are not.
I must say, your idea of comfort food, is my idea of comfort food, with the exception of the hummus maybe. You're the first person I've (kind of) known who likes baked beans straight out of the can too. Mmmm!
Feel better! Hugs!

CherryPie said...

You need to find a little time for yourself so you can start to make your way out of the fog xx

Liz Hinds said...

I love baked beans in any form, Sharon! xx

Thanks, Cherrypie. I do, you're right. xx

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wrap yourself in comfort.......

Banish the feelings of inadequacy....

And take a bit of time, when you are feeling a bit better, to ask yourself, what these feelings of inadequacy, are all about. You know. You will "tell you."

Gentle hugs,
Luna Crone

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Mmmm, didn't you say you were having upsetting dreams????

And I said, that when this happens to me, I know I need to listen to "me" and find out what is "wrong" in my life. And try to deal with it.

Could this, be happening, to you toooooooo?

Luna Crone

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, i think I need to listen to myself more, Luna. xxx