Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Hugging posts and weaving willow

Had an ultrasound scan this afternoon. Then as a special unexpected treat they decided to do an internal scan as well. Oooh. 

I still have my sausage and they still don't know what it is. But it's not changed size and not giving me any pain so I won't worry too much just yet.

In other news George ate a huge lump of pink salt dough that the grandchildren and I had been making this morning. As a result he drank a lot meaning that when we came back from the hospital and Sainsburys we were greeted with a big puddle. A very big puddle. 

Coincidentally the radiator in the kitchen also leaked - a much smaller puddle - but I don't think the two incidents were connected.

In other other news yesterday morning, with a bunch of ladies from Zac's women's group, I went willow weaving in a wood. It turned out to be a very wet wood but we all enjoyed ourselves.
willow weaving

willow weaving
Add seeds and lard and you have a bird-feeder.

As Younger Son pointed out there's not a lot of weaving involved in the making of this star but all the visible tying is done with willow.
And if I could remember anything else that I've done recently I'd tell you but my mind is blank. Possibly because I walked into a lamp-post. Well, not so much walked into it as gave it a hug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the ladies of Zacs make pentagrams in the woods?
That'll get them burnt at the stake!

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, Stu, some concern was expressed! But not by me.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Did you see stars ?

Sharon said...

Poor George, how embarrassing for him.
Hugging a lamppost, hmm...