Wednesday, June 14, 2017

People watching in the sunshine

GrandDaughter2 fell asleep in the pushchair after singing this morning so I plonked myself on a bench in the shade and settled down to do some people-watching. Or more particularly middle-aged women-watching. Of course I would have watched young good-looking men had there been any but the passers-by on the promenade at Mumbles were, by and large, middle-aged or older, or young mums.


Amongst the middle-aged women I saw a few colourful attempts, several nearly-Graces but only one authentic Frankie. The majority were Women by M&S. Not that there's anything wrong with M&S clothes; they're just ubiquitous.

When I got bored I started counting how many middle-aged men had excess belly. At least 50% had serious bellies even when the rest of the body was normal. I think that's where men put on weight unlike women whose weight settles on their hips, tums and bums I believe. 

And then GrandDaughter2 woke up.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Good summing up. Too bad there weren't better subjects to watch. ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, SJ. I could have enjoyed that!