Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mango cake is SEO-ready

Flicking through Facebook as I am wont I noticed a link - it might have been an advert actually - to a post entitled '17 things to do before and after every blog post'. I clicked on it and began to read.

First point (precis-ed): write an effective title that is persuasive and includes keywords. Yes, reasonable and I always struggle with titles. I continued.

Don't have huge paragraphs but divide text into smaller sections with headings. Yes, I'm for that. I know I can't be bothered to read someone's blog if it's in huge chunks. I haven't tried including headings though. That's a possibility.

Add a question at the end to encourage feedback. I've tried that with no success.

And after that it began talking about deep linking, alt text, SEO-ready, periscopes and the like. And I was lost.

Note to self: must make more effort if wish to 'grow' my readership.

And all this happened while I was waiting for my mango and coconut cake to cook. My first attempt after having it in a local tea shop. It's still warm but of course I had to have just a little taste. Yum yum yum.

Sorry it's blurry. I wasn't wearing my glasses.



3 comments:

Sharon said...

So, the pic of cake is how you see it? Hahaha. It does sound good!

Liz Hinds said...

I hadn't thought of it like that. No, I don't see it blurry. Let's think ... the camera saw it blurry but I didn't notice! Yes, I prefer that. The camera's lens not mine!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Who exactly needs the specs ? Your camera , your computer or me ?