Sunday, April 09, 2017

I'm having a day off today

I know it may look as if every day's a day off for me but I do do stuff sometimes. (How on earth did 'for me' end up typed as ro em?) So today i decided I'd take a break. You know, pretend it's Sunday and a day of rest.

(Marina Market photo)
So this morning I begged a lift with Younger Son, Nuora and GrandSon4 to the farmers' market in the marina. Farmers however were noticeable by their absence. This particular market seems to attract bakers and craftspeople. And Michael Sheen! And we missed him.

Then after lunch I had a lovely walk in Parc le Breos with Elin and George. Then I came home, sat down and watched the final episode of Call the Midwife. 

By which time it was time to prepare the veg for dinner. Which meant going into the kitchen. Which was the big mistake. As, 'well, I might as well do the dishes, clean the fish tank, and clean the sink,too.' So much for a day off


2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Bakers seem to be our new heroes . Quite right too , there's nothing better than a good loaf of bread .

Liz Hinds said...

It all smelled and looked delicious. So hard to resist.