Sunday, April 30, 2017

George thinks he's about to be de-cluttered

De-cluttering seems to have involved buying a new floor lamp as well as a shoe rack. 

It's only taken us nearly thirty years in this house to realise that a shoe rack might stop people just throwing their shoes in the under-stairs cupboard with the resultant bulging open door exposing our mess to the world. Or anyone who comes in our hall anyway. 

The fact that the children have now all left home - at least for the time being - never say never - and we'll have fewer shoes to house is irrelevant. I had it fixed in my mind that this was what I wanted and this was what I got on my mini shopping spree yesterday afternoon.


I also wanted a floor lamp for the lounge. It's ended up in the hall but that's another story. And while unwrapping it some of the cardboard fell on George. He panicked and didn't know what to do.
So currently our hall is full. There are lots of separate piles for:
Daughter, Younger Son, charity shop, Rough Edges (charity shop for men), Zac's.

Not to mention the various stuff cluttering the kitchen that has to go to the tip. I'm hoping Husband will eventually get fed up of walking around it and will dispose of it.




2 comments:

Sharon said...

Poor George. They don't understand when we get busy doing something or new things come into the house. They like normal. A shoe rack would be nice for DH - me, I have one pair of shoes plus my moccasins, but mainly I go barefoot.
It almost looks as if the vacuum is the lamp haha. No pic of it, or is there? Ha Ha.

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, Husband has far more shoes on there than I have.

No photo of the lamp yet ...