Saturday, March 04, 2017

I am the mistress of rejection

I've had short stories rejected. Long stories, articles, even ideas have been received with a 'thank you but no'.  I've had nice letters that show that the writer has actually read my submission; I've had anonymous pre-printed 'the editor regrets' slips. Fact or fiction they've all been spurned by those who think they know better.
You'd think when you have that many - and yes, I've kept them all - you'd be used to it. But it doesn't work like that. Each time I send out something I've written, whether it's fact or fiction, it's a bit of me that's going out into that big scary world to be put in a pile, ignored, laughed at, considered ... and finally rejected.

And still I like to think I'm a writer.

1 comment:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from Idaho. It must be hard to be rejected that much. Which I'm sorry.
Found your blog from Cherie. Hope soon you will have good news.
If you fine the time stop in for a cup of coffee.