Monday, January 16, 2017

Stop the press: George is off his food!

No improvement - in fact George is off his food and he is NEVER off his food - so back to the vet who mentioned lungworm.
'I panicked when he said that,' I said to Husband on the way home in the car.
'I could tell,' he said. 'Your brain froze.'

Vet: 'When was he last treated for lungworm?'
Me: 'I can't remember. September I think.'
Vet: 'It says in his records that you collected the treatment this month.'
Me: 'No, I've definitely not treated him this month.'
Husband: 'It's the stuff you put on the back of his neck.'
Me: 'Oh, yes, I treated him earlier this month!'

He's having blood tests and we'll get the results tomorrow. There's nothing obviously wrong with him from the vet's point of view, temperature, heart etc all okay, so we're still hoping it's just a bad cold and nothing really nasty.

'I was a very brave boy when they took my blood. Unlike my mum who had to sit down.'

6 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, poor George! Sending George lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery from the furry clan here at my house.

Leslie: said...

I put stuff on the back of Tegan's neck once a month but it's for fleas. Is lungworm the same thing? Please excuse my ignorance....he's not in any "danger" is he?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Poor old boy ... he'll have to have lots of treats once he's feeling a little better .

CherryPie said...

I hope he is OK xx

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks all.

Leslie, lungworm is got by eating affected snails and slugs and is potentially fatal. The treatment against it is part of the regular flea spot-on - except for last summer when I changed it because he was getting lots of ticks so we had to have a different variety to cover everything!

Trubes said...

Poor old George, glad to read that he's eating.. a very good sign,
hope he continues to improve, love and cuddles for him from us up 'ere
in Scouseland...
That's what he needs a big dish of Scouse...not dissimilar from Cawl, which
I absolutely love, Scouse (for the uninitiated)is a hearty stew of beef or
lamb with carrots, potatoes, onions, turnips parsnips and a beef stock cube.
You must make him some Mummy Liz..

Love Dixxx