Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Just call me Mary

I've spent the day making and decorating a wedding cake for a wedding tomorrow. When that's been and gone I'll post a photo here. It doesn't look quite as I imagined it ...

Other than that we delivered Granddaughter1's birthday presents. She's seven today. It doesn't feel like a minute since I was rushing down to Devon when her mum was in labour. And suddenly she seems very grown-up. 

I forgot to remind you what a brave girl I was in the hospital. Uncle was bleeding non-stop remember. Not a huge amount but he did keep on showing me the bits of blood-soaked tissue he had stuffed up his nose. When it came to the cauterisation I had no idea what to expect and feared the worst. Actually what I expected was that they would burn the inside of his nose which is what they sort of did I suppose only it was with silver nitrate rather than an open flame.

I distracted myself from a possible blood-induced panic/faint by mentally correcting all the grammar and punctuation on the notices on the wall. I had a biro on me and if it hadn't been for the fact that I abhor biro-corrected notices almost as much as the original error I'd have been pointing out that if the stationery hadn't been stationary it would have gone missing. If you see what I mean.

P.S. As in Mary Berry

No comments: