Sunday, August 10, 2014

Things not to do when waiting for the tea to brew

22. Decide to sort out a kitchen drawer.

Much later ...
Leading me to ask: what on earth is this and what is it doing in my kitchen drawer?
Oh wait! Now I have my glasses on it I can see that it says 'instrument to split convolulus vegetable made of inox metal'. I don't know why I didn't realise that straight away.

The question must also be asked: will I live long enough to make good use of all these cocktail sticks?
Would anyone? Yet it looks as if they came in a set making me think that maybe cutlery is old hat and I should be using sticks to eat my everyday meals.

Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hilarious Liz , Yeah why didn't you know about the instrument ?? So funny :-)

Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my blog too,

Anna said...

we will use the sticks; throw 'em this way

BeeWild said...

I can clear up the matter of the instrument to split some type of vegetable...

...we bought it in Vietnam. You can use it to split long beans into long but slightly thinner beans. Highly useful tool. Can't imagine why I left it behind...