Thursday, August 21, 2014

My brilliant children

An article on the BBC website reports that now they reckon grown-up intelligence can be guesstimated from a 4-year-old child's drawings. Score is based on things like number of legs, eyes etc in the drawing of a person. 

I always knew my children were brilliant and this drawing by Elder Son aged 2 years and 7 months confirms it. Please note correct number of legs, arms, eyes and mouth. 
Ten out of ten for accuracy but four out of ten for observation: that's far too much hair for Daddy.

I don't have a comparative drawing from Daughter but I do have a story written when she was five years and eight months.
Once upon a time there was a little boy and he did not like the sun he likede the rain but not the sun and he likede the wind but he was naughty one day he decided to fight it so he went in a air balloon up up he went up to the sun but the sun had a crystal ball and the sun won and the little boy was sizzleed up lik a sausage

3 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Had she just heard about Icarus?

Liz Hinds said...

Possibly, Stu.

mrsnesbitt said...

I remember a boy in my class writing "There is a hole in our house but I don't know where that hole is. When I find it I'll tell you!" Drama at 7!