Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Am I a dirty old woman?

It was 8.10 yesterday evening before I realised I hadn't showered/washed. I'm not sure what's more concerning. Whether it's the fact I hadn't showered or the fact I wasn't bothered about it. Am I becoming a dirty old woman?

* * * * * * * * *
What do I mean 'becoming'? I am a dirty woman this afternoon after our walk in the woods. I wasn't going to walk by the river as I was wearing the wrong shoes (my old leaky trainers) and instead decided to wander further up the main cycle track. I don't usually like the cycle track as it attracts cyclists who, I find, can be quite obnoxious. Not all but many swear at dogs who get in their way. I mean, yes, George does occasionally meander across in front of a cyclist but he's not exactly speedy; a minor detour around him is all that is needed.

Anyway, don't get me started. As I was saying we walked up the main path when, all of a sudden, we came across a new path leading off through the woods! (This might not sound exciting to you but just because you have a life it doesn't entitle you to look down on the rest of us.)

Of course we had to follow it and what do you know? It went by the river. So I got wet feet anyway but it was a jolly lovely path made better by its newness to me. And when we arrived at a small signpost that offered us two choices - this way or this way - we went that way instead. We like to live on the edge, George and me.

It did occur to me that if I'd had a heart attack or broken my ankle Husband would never have found as us and I'd have to have relied on George to fetch help. #couldbeherealongtime

5 comments:

Mike Tea said...

Said in an Australian accent: "What's that George? Your dirty old woman has fallen down a mineshaft? What George? She's already making notes for her next blog post?

Crikey! We'd better get her out of there fast!

Anonymous said...

Getting up is a personal event - the timing is all yours, and mine too. If we had a sleepover, the morning would seem insignificant provided there was plenty of food! Showering and washing hair and clean clothes are just the frippery on the edges of life. I'm with you, Liz!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm sure George would have got help but glad he didn't need to!

Rose said...

That's the beauty of being retired--you can shower, or not, whenever you want! Your walk sounds lovely; makes me think of Frost's "The Road Less Traveled." Oh, and I'm sure George would have gone to fetch help...or sat guarding you until someone came by:)

Liz Hinds said...

I have been thinking about Skipy a lot recently, Mike. I must check youtube for clips.

I have a sandy head today, Shirl, so will shower early on I think!

I have less confidence than you, Pat and Rose, but I'm sure he would have guarded me (for that read 'fallen asleep')