Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Blog commenting and flying

I've noticed I'm not getting many comments on my blog posts. Is this because:

a) for the most part, my posts are too boring to comment on;
b) nobody's reading my blog because of a);
c) my posts are so insightful they leave nothing else to say (okay, unlikely, but I want to cover every eventuality);
d) none of the above.

On a different note, on weighing this morning, I discovered I'd put on 1lb. I'd like to think this is because my daily workout is turning my fat to muscle - and we all know muscle is denser and heavier - but I fear it's because I'm eating more - a lot more - because I think I deserve it for doing the workout. 

I moved on to level 2 yesterday. It doesn't have so many lunges so is better for my hip but it does include a, what I think she called, double jump rope. It seems to involve propelling yourself into the air and staying there for twice as long as you normally would were you doing a simple (huh!) jump rope.

I'm a sixty-year-old woman. I gave up believing I could fly at least 10 years ago. Although it doesn't stop me trying now and then.

10 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Liz , I have had fewer comments too , but let me reassure you , your blog is far from boring LOL LOL I love coming over here to see what is happening in the world of Liz :-)

So you put on a lb ,, as you say you are a 60 year old women and we are meant to have some fat on us , Ok Not too much but at least some. And of course you are building muscle with your daily workout . I have started going to the gym , only because the doctor referred me to use their special machine ideal for someone with low bone density .. but I do get cheaper rates LOL

Mauigirl said...

You look darned good for a 60-year-old woman - I never would have guessed you and I are the same age! Let me reassure you right now that I could no sooner jump rope than I could run a marathon. I tried hopscotch one day when some little kid left the chalk marks on the sidewalk and couldn't even do that! Sad, really!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Anne!

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you too, Mauigirl!

CherryPie said...

I think comments are down in general, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Unknown said...

Aaah, I tried to leave a comment and Blogger/Google wouldn't let me! Grrr

Anyway, I think people are not commenting as much on blogs because Facebook and Twitter are quicker. We're a lazy lot, aren't we?

Trubes said...

I do read your blog frequently but like others now I tend to connect more with FB... You look great Liz (for your age) ha ha...sorry couldn't resist that! Seriously you've got the best exercise tool ever in you swimming pool so, just keep splashing,
love Di.xx

Liz Hinds said...

You're probably right, cherrypie.

Facebook does have a lot to answer for, robyn.

As I write, trubes, it's the rain that is splashing in our swimming pool! But thank you.

Leslie: said...

My comments are down a bit, too, but it's summer and people have other things on the go.

Lorne had his surgery today and Jaclyn gets married on Sunday. Thank the Lord He keeps me going whether it's the adrenalin or my faith.

Stay tuned for photos.

Katney said...

Facebook definitely, and the annoying word verification scares some folks off.

At a doctor's appointment some years ago my doc said I looked great for a woman of 60. On my way home I started thinking--I was only 59.