Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Not saying something stupid

I had the easiest time ever leading bible study at Zac's last night!

There was a good crowd but no-one drunk or too disruptive, lots of good discussion and nothing too off at a tangent. I didn't have to yell to make myself heard ... often and it was just really good. And, best of all, I didn't say something stupid!

There was a bit of a discussion about God or conscience telling you when you're doing something wrong and I thought, 'Or Jiminy Cricket,' but I didn't say it out loud! How impressive is that? (Well, actually I did but no-one heard me.)

I was asked to make a cake for Golly's mum's 70th birthday. He said, 'I want teeth on it because she's worked in a dentist all her life, and walking boots because she loves to hike.'

Son-in-law, who's a dental technician, was quite impressed with my teeth although he pointed out that I'd left out the incisors. I did try to make pointy ones but the point got squashed when I was sticking it in.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

Love it :-)

Ole Phat Stu said...

This would be my cake :-

http://cheezburger.com/7658955264