Monday, November 12, 2012

The year of being 59

My novel, This Time Next year, begins with the heroine on the eve of her 50th birthday. On the eve of my 60th birthday, unlike her, I didn't make a list of resolutions for the coming year; I'm not that sort of person although to be fair neither is my heroine.

I'm more the sort of person that life happens to, reactive rather than proactive, but all I can say is that life has been pretty darn good to me.

While I was 59, my third grandchild was born, Younger Son got married and I published my novel. I celebrated my last day as 59 being looked after by Husband beginning with warm croissants and his home-made raspberry jam in bed. While I was in church he went shopping.
Then we had a lovely walk in the sunshine with George before he cooked me Gary Rhodes' shepherd's pie, which I'd requested because it's deliciously rich and full of flavour and loveliness. 

My life just keeps getting better and better. Bring on my 60s!

2 comments:

Suburbia said...

George has surpassed himself making dinner for you?!!!

Happy 60th :)

Liz Hinds said...

George frequently surpasses himself, sub!