Thursday, November 08, 2012

Husband is all a'tingle

It's now possible to see who's calling you - it's probably been possible for ages but I knew it cost money before and now it's free - so Husband signed us up for the service from BT. Now whenever a withheld or 08 number calls, or even a number we don't recognise we don't answer the phone.

Which is fine if I'm sitting at my computer when the phone rings. I have my glasses on and can see the number  If I'm not at my desk then ... I just don't answer the phone anyway.

* * * * * * * * * *
Do you remember being a little girl and aunties giving you hankies for Christmas? Usually embroidered  perhaps with your initial. And always three in a box. I used to think it was dreadfully boring but now I love it when I'm given hankies. Not that I am so when I saw these in the charity shop I had to buy them. Just for the memories.

* * * * * * * * * 
We had a lovely walk in the woods today, dry but not really crispy underfoot.
 Now how do you think this came about? These trees are really joined together.
* * * * * * * * * 
Husband had an appointment at the hospital today. He has tingling hands and feet. The doctor diagnosed him as having peripheral something or other, which means he has tingling hands and feet.

Today he had to have some electrical tests - and he failed.  But I told him that as long as he tried his best we're still proud of him. The blood tests didn't prove anything so, according to the doctor, it appears he 'may just be one of those people who has tingly hands and feet.'

* * * * * * * * * 

It's my 60th birthday on Monday; have I mentioned that?

We have a weekend in Devon planned but for my birthday itself it's just me and Husband (and George)  so I thought it would be jolly if Husband took me to eat at Maes-yr-haf, a hotel/restaurant that we first went to last year on my birthday and it was very delicious. Unfortunately it seems that the place has closed. 

Okay, so change of plan: what about if we go to Tredegar House, a National Trust property, look around and eat in their restaurant? Good plan except it's closed for November.

In fact, quite a lot of restaurants close on Mondays generally. Current plan depends on the weather: if nice we'll take George to Rhossilli for a walk and eat at the Worm's Head Hotel; if wet, we'll go and see the new Bond movie and have a pizza afterwards. We know how to live.

9 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh Rhossili!! How beautiful to celebrate your birthday there. Of course, I've not seen it in the rain - is it as beautiful then? Regardless, have a wonderful day!

jams o donnell said...

Enjoy your birthday Liz! I hope your husband's tingles are easily sortable

Katney said...

peripheral neuropathy = tingly fingers and toes--sometimes a symptom of diabetes

Rhossili was lovely in the sunshine--must needs be lovely anytime I would say. Have a good meal. I say that because I have already forgotten if you are going for lunch or dinner.

Happy Birthday in case I don't stop in again before.

Dr Stu said...

Katney is right. Get his GP to measure his Hba1C values; just needs a small blood sample.

nick said...

I was going to say the same as Katney. Peripheral neuropathy can be a consequence of diabetes. Has he been checked for that?

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, diabetes is one of the things the doctor was looking for. The hospital consultant was remarkably thorough.

Thanks too for your birthday wishes. I am getting excited ...

Gledwood said...

Oh Liz! Caller ID from BT used to cost something like £2 per month!!

Gledwood said...

Oh & happy birthday! When my High Jewellery line comes out through Bulgari, I'll send you a little something...

... (that will be in the year 2058, I expect... if it ever happens at all...)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Your planned weekend sounds wonderful , whichever you choose .

I hope Husband doesn't find the tingling too maddening .Since they've ruled out anything that there's an obvious treatment for , how about trying TaiChi ? It looks very calming .