Saturday, November 24, 2012

And then her head fell off

It's 5 am and you're lying in bed awake worrying about you're going to do the birthday cake; what do you do?

I waited until 6 then thought, blow it, I might as well as get up and do the cake rather than lie here thinking about it. Which is why, at 7.19 am, I was trying to work out how much water I needed for 100 g of sugar if 450 g needed 75 ml. Which had to be accurately measured it said, so I carefully measured 15 ml using a 5 ml medicine spoon and then slopped a bit more in for accuracy.

And it was all going well until I gave her a gobby mouth and her head fell off.

A quick revamp of the head and all was well. Eventually. And here she is: Aworawa (Sleeping Beauty), a birthday cake for 3-year-old GrandDaughter.


7 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh , Aworawa is awesome , gobby mouth an' all !
A very Happy Birthday to Grand-daughter ( she can't be three already ?! )

SmitoniusAndSonata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne in Oxfordshire said...

amazing , is all I can say :-) :-)

nick said...

This is where you need the Facebook option of Like....

Katney said...

You are such a good granny!

Rose said...

Fantastic! I'm sure Granddaughter was thrilled with Aworawa!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks all! GrandDaughter was suitably unsentimental and immediately ate the flowers off her skirt.