Monday, October 29, 2012

Wedding prayer


I realised that I hadn't shared with you the prayer I wrote for Younger Son's wedding. It was a great honour to be asked to write and read a prayer for such a special occasion.

Father, I pray that today will be forever etched in our hearts as the day that something exquisite came into being: an unbreakable bond crafted by God and sealed with love.

I pray that with the love, support and understanding of each other, Neil and Sabina will grow into the fullness of the people, the children of God, they are created to be: unique, individual, precious, beloved.

I pray that the home Neil and Sabina build together will be a refuge, a shelter for them and for others, a place of laughter and tenderness, of honesty and passion.

And at the beginning of this adventure I entrust their well-being to God, secure in the knowledge that his love for them is wider and deeper and stronger than we can imagine. 

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

brought tears to my eyes...lovely!

Rose said...

Beautifully said, Liz.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you both.